This privacy statement applies to your use of our services via the Roamler app or website. We pro-cess personal data carefully and transparently, in accordance with the General Data Protection Reg-ulation. We wish to inform you how we handle your personal data. This privacy statement provides information on why we need your personal data and what we do with them.
What data do you process?
We process personal data that you actively provide to us. It concerns the following data:
- Name and address details;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Profile picture;
- Financial details (bank account number, bank details, payment details);
- Account details (password and username).
In addition, we process the following data:
- Citizen service number, insofar as the law requires or allows it;
- Location details that enable us to show you assignments in the neighbourhood;
- Information on the device and the browser you use;
- Your activities within the app.
Why do you need this from me?
We process your actively provided personal data for multiple purposes:
- To create an account for you;
- For the communication between the client, you and Roamler;
- For the financial processing of your assignments;
- To send you a newsletter.
Is this processing legitimate?
Roamler processes the data based on the following principles:
- In order to perform the agreement between Roamler and you;
- In order to comply with statutory obligations, such as those pursuant to tax laws;
- Based on permission, such as with regard to receiving the newsletter.
To whom do you provide my data?
Roamler always enters into a processing agreement with processors to ensure the same level of protection and confidentiality of your data, and your data always stays within the EEA. We share data with the following parties:
- The clients for whom you perform assignments;
- The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration;
- Mailing services for the newsletter.
What about the newsletter?
We only send you the newsletter if you have given permission via our website or when registering your Roamler account. The newsletter contains updates on Roamler. We wish to point out that you can always unsubscribe by means of the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the newsletter. We can also send you service messages, including safety messages and legal notices. You cannot unsub-scribe from these, as it is important that you read these messages.
How long do you retain my personal data?
We retain the data we require to meet statutory obligations for as long as the law prescribes. We retain personal data for as long as you have an account with Roamler. We anonymise your data when you deactivate your account or have been inactive for 13 months.
How do you protect my personal data?
We take any appropriate technical and organisational measures that are required to protect your personal data as much as possible. That is how we minimise the risk of unauthorised third parties accessing your data as much as possible. We have taken – among others – the following measures:
- Access to personal data is blocked by means of access security with an email and pass-word/login token;
- Connections are secured by means of encryption by an SSL layer;
- Employees are only given access to the personal data insofar as this is required.
- We have a security measurement system in place and have an ISO27001 certificate.
What are my rights?
You have the right to inspection, correction, data portability, limitation and removal of your data. In addition, you have the right to revoke any permission you have given for data processing. You can send us a written request to that end. Please include a partially obscured identity document. This tells us the request actually comes from you. You should in any case obscure your passport picture, the strip of numbers at the bottom of the passport, the passport number and the citizen service num-ber. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within four weeks. In addi-tion, you can change your data directly in your account. Furthermore, we wish to point out that you can address any complaints about the processing of your personal data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority via the Authority's website.
Who is my contact?
Roamler has a Data Protection Officer who can answer all your questions about the processing of personal data. He can be reached via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you can reach us using the below contact details:
Roamler BV Westerdoksdijk 411 1013 AD Amsterdam email@example.com +31 20 82 02 580